Tuesday, November 25, 2008

i was crawling before i could walk...






...and i was drawing before i could sew.
i have been looking thru alot of illustrations lately, i'm in awe of the talent out there! feeling abit nostalgic last night, i decided to looks thru my old art books and portfolios from six years ago. and then i started to reminisce about how much i loved sitting down spending hours sketching and painting. looking back at my work from Senior High now i wonder - "how the hell did i do that?" . i remember i hated drawing hair and hands, but i didn't do a bad job of it. 
my year 12 major art project was called Death Tells the Truth, a celebration of the life of my most favourite music artist Aaliyah, who died at the age of 22 in a plane crash in 2001. She was my inspiration since my early years of primary school thru till now. 

until the end of the week i will be posting up any artworks of mine that i can find. i really want to get back into visual arts, it was such a big part of my life. is it possible to forget how to draw?...
medium: lead and coloured pencils.

4 comments:

Abby said...

wow, your drawings are incredible!
You should try and get back into art for sure.
I stopped doing art for a while and thought I had forgotten how too, but I am slowly picking it up again.

Sara Luxe said...

these are amazing x

maie maie said...

woo hoo thanks guys!

Rae said...

You've always been the artist...even when we were just ten years old and knew nothing of the world.

Keep it up, you're incredible.